Over the last few years, Ferndale Public Library patrons have been able to check out books in eletronica – in the e-book format for various devices, like Kindles, iPads, Nooks and Kobos – thanks to the OverDrive Media Console, an app linked to the catalogs of more than 22,000 libraries worldwide.
All you needed was a valid library card ID/account with FPL – Well, now the OverDrive Media Console has just upgraded -having improved the electronic-lender’s experience significantly through its 3.0 update.
OverDrive Media Console 3.0 now features a new iOS 7-inspired interface (for tablets and Android smart-phones), simplifying user’s home screens and scanning of book menus.
OverDrive Media Console 3.0 allows you to synch your book marks and current page positions across different iDevices.
Also: the 3.0 update adds support for varying playback speeds of MP3-formatted audiobooks. Is the narrator reading too fast during a particular part of the book? Slow their orated pace down a few clicks so you can take it all in!
There’s tutorial screens included, now, for first-time users. You can get this as a free app from the iTunes Apple App Store (click here to find out more). E-readers using their iPhone, iPod-touch and any iPad running iOS 6 or 7 will be able to access this new app.
Stay tuned for more information! And click here again -to run through those oh-so-helpful help videos.
OverDrive 3.0! The e-lending service goes into iOS territory – offering users:
- A redesigned user interface with an all-new look, streamlined navigation and a one-stop reorganized menu. App functions are just a swipe and tap away.
- Users will be able to sync bookmarks and reading progress across multiple devices using a free, opt-in registration service called OverDrive One.
- Variable speed playback for iOS: audiobook users’ most requested feature.
- Guidance for first time users: The app now prompts users to add libraries and get books.
- System Requirements: OMC v3.0 for Android requires Android OS v4.0 (or newer). OMC for Android v2.6.6 will remain available for download. OMC for iOS requires iOS 6 (or newer).
Click here for more information
Or follow the OVERDRIVE Button (down the left side of our main page to start browsing and borrowing!)