|I know this looks like a music blog’s posting – but trust me, it’s Library-related! The Ann Arbor District Library is featuring one of our favorite local bands in its ongoing series “American Music” – Saturday Looks Good To Me is an elastic project with a revolving door of contributors, led by eclectic/inventive/visionary pop-songwriter and producer Fred Thomas. “American Music” is an eight-week documentary film/ discussions series focuses on twentieth-century American popular music and features related concerts performed by some of the area’s most prominent musicians.
Thomas’ band is releasing its first full length album in six years, titled One Kiss Ends It All (out in May on Polyvinyl).
Have a listen:
No tickets required, no admission fee. For more details:
More info on America’s Music series HERE.
And more songs from Saturday Looks Good To Me –HERE
America’s Music has been made possible by a major grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the Human Endeavor.
- Adulting 101: House-keeping it Real, March 8
- Local Artists Combine Works Championing Feminism & Endurance at Ferndale Library
- Local Libraries Link Up for Cross-City Book Club Events in March/April
- Ferndale Library’s Early Learning Fair Showcases Local Youth Organizations on Feb 17
- Tinesha’s Top Anime Picks