The time has finally come – library patrons can (finally) check out passes to various Michigan Museums, galleries and design studios (once again).
Come “check-out a Museum” with your library card!
This special program is known as the Museum Adventure Pass – and it was recently announced that this will be the “fifth and final year” starting this week and running until September 3, 2012.
As opposed to years’ past, MAP is now an online program. Whereas before, Patrons came to FPL and checked out our physical paper passes, you’ll now use your library card number (the barcode# on the back).
(Think of it as like checking-out E-Books…)
Click here – to start searching around for a participating cultural center at which you might want to spend a nice summer day – your library card is the key!! -Select “The Library Network” in the Library Group drop-down menu (here).
- If the pass is available, click the Request Pass button. You will be prompted to enter your library barcode and PIN. Click Submit.
- If your library barcode and PIN are valid, click Continue. If your library barcode and PIN are not valid, please contact your library.
- Confirm that your contact information is correct then click Continue. Fields noted with an * are required.
- Your pass reservation is not yet complete. Review your reservation for accuracy. If it is correct, click Submit this Request. If it is not correct, click Backup and Fix Patron info.
- Your pass reservation is complete. Please print the confirmation page and bring it with you to the museum. The pass is only valid for the date printed on the pass reservation confirmation page.
- If there is no Request Pass button, the pass is not available for reservation.
This is a great way to spend a day and experience the all the cool, mind-expanding museums and inspirational art centers dotting our tri-county area – offered to FPL (and other local libraries) through The Library Network (and generous sponsors).